Tuesday, December 9, 2008

final.map


So, this is it. The end of a semester, the end of statistically-induced headaches (well, one can only hope), and quite possibly the end of this blog. Some things about my final map are still bothering me, but with the simplicity that I'd like to maintain on this map, if I keep messing with it I'm doing more harm than good at this point. So this is it - my final map.

And here are some links to accompany it! The salt and pepper, the seasoning to this bare-bones, meat and potatoes type map.

eIraq @ Twitter: A twitter that tells you about things going down in Iraq. Why a twitter page? Well, I just got myself a twitter tonight (click here if you're interested in following me), so I'm in a twitter state of mind. How ridiculous does that sound?

Basic info and history on Iraq: self-explanatory.

Capone N Noreaga - Iraq (See the World) @ YouTube: a song off of one of my favorite albums, that just so happens to be called Iraq. That's relevant...right? RIGHT?! Warning: vulgar language ensues. Why would two rappers call a song Iraq? Well, random trivia, Noreaga is from the Lefrak City housing development, in Corona, Queens, NYC, which is also known as "Iraq". See? This is educational. I could even map it for you.

Recent AP news story on Iraq War: interesting, and via Google news.

War Journal: My Five Years in Iraq: need some reading material to pass the time during winter break? Check out this book for sale through Barnes & Noble.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Obviously this is a college based blog for your study but have your thought about turning your maps into 3D Relief Maps? Something like this http://www.aboveandbeyond.co.uk/Maps,+Guides,+Globes,+Gifts/3D+Relief+Maps/list/f1-f2 you could probably do some cool cross work with subject matter and terrain.