Sunday, November 16, 2008

lab.10.bivariate



Dang. Look at that. I made that! Yeah, I'm sure it's not perfect but it's the first lab I've done where Illustrator hasn't given me a ridiculous amount of issues. And dangit, it looks pretty fresh. I messed around with transparency a bit in this lab and said to hell with gradients, because frankly I'm sick of them. Transparency is sooo much cooler.

This was VERY time consuming though, I will say that much. It has officially taken up my weekend. Between sorting through data (and I had to convert my population stats to percentages as they weren't given in that format) and then mapping sooooo many counties (I vote for a state with less counties next time!!!, or at least VA where I'm semi-familiar with where they are), this really took a long time.

Map of the week:
This is a cool map because it uses choropleth to map one dataset, and a 3-dimensional aspect to map another. Makes for a visually interesting map, yet it's still pretty easy to read. It's clean, sharp, to the point, and yet creative at the same time.

No comments: